Got a non vehicle hobby? Like knitting?

pflaming

I dig up volunteer mimosa, pecan and burr oak trees around the place, pot them for 3 years, then plant in strategic locations for myself or my neighbors, also gift them to friends and neighbors with planting and care  support...so I reckon there's almost 200 more trees around TX than there was 15 years ago thanks to my green thumb...the trees are nice to look at, but around these parts, they really become valuable when they begin to produce shade :cool:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I'm a Civil War artillery reenactor. I used to portray do cavalry until I broke my back. No more riding horses.  You can't see me very well in the second picture thru the muzzle flash, just my butternut trousers and checkered shirt. Im the one in the checkered shirt firing the mountain howitzer. In case anyone is wondering ,yes there was a Civil War battle that happened in Arizona or what was back then known as the New Mexico Territory . The Battle of Picacho Pass. It was the western most battle of the Civil war and it happened about midway between Tucson and Phoenix a little east of what is now I -10 . PS,  yes its hot wearing a pair of wool trousers and dark blue wool sack coat in the summer :)

14203350_1342090789153241_544913008969190144_n.jpg

15203337_10211104191305830_6517378318576767922_n.jpg

Edited by John Rogers
  • Like 4

Paul,

can you use leftover metal bits from some car as your knitting needles??

Do your you knit a cat bed for the garage or a  Facsimile of a cat??

Just askin'g?

DJ

34 minutes ago, pflaming said:

Hot rod, do a PH truck and you may have plenty of takers. 

Somewhere I have a picture of a dash I did with broken cab glass from one of the first Pilothouse trucks I bought. Probably drew that 20 some years ago.... its somewhere... just not sure where at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

After moving, not a lot of time to get setup but slowly working on it.

I am in the process of trimming trees and bushes in the backyard. I have a city dump on the edge of town where I can haul it all for free. This is what I am setting back and when I am at the dump, I usually bring another branch or two home with me   ?

Here is a photo of my new rocking chair will be sitting on the back porch .... if I see a neighbor pulling out a stump, I will be over looking for free curly twisted roots to make table legs out of.

Just need to get the stuff off the ground and drying so will be ready to work with sooner then later.

And the dogs will quit dragging it all over the back yard   :D

IMG_20181210_131953990.jpg

Edited by Los_Control
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Gunsmithing.

Here a Ruger blackhawk fitted with an 1860 colt tiffany grip including converting the colt trigger guard from flat to coil springs.  The brass was a porus casting so not suitable for plating, but lends a look of age to the entire project.

And a vaquero fitted with a brass insert front sight, 1860 colt trigger guard and back strap, and colt one piece walnut grip including all the spring conversion, satin rust blue and faux case colors, also lending the look of well cared for yet old..

48923714_2300025243401287_1013242609725865984_n.jpg

asleep 007.JPG

005.JPG

Edited by Sharps40
  • Like 1