Hubcaps/center caps

Kiwicranbrook

Nash used a baldy cap that fit the Plymouth wheels but they were hard to get back in the 50s let alone now.

As far as I know, the P15 caps  should fit the 52.  There are two outside diameter caps for a P15......a 9 inch size for the Deluxe (cheaper) model, and a 10 inch o d for the Special Deluxe.  The inner dimension is the same on both.  You could measure the I  D of

the newer and older caps.   There have been a few "baby moon" type caps for old Mopar rims, but they are pretty much impossible 

to find.  I don't know what other type fits our rims.

There is an ad on ebay for a 51-52 Plym cap per the seller.....if you have some like that and maybe use steel wool to remove any red paint,  they would resemble baby moons at a glance.....    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1951-1952-Plymouth-Hubcap-Wheel-Cover-Concord-Cambridge-Cranbrook-Mopar/264050072047?hash=item3d7a9c59ef:g:REQAAOSwpY5b6GDh

Edited by BobT-47P15

On 11/19/2018 at 5:15 PM, dpollo said:

Nash used a baldy cap that fit the Plymouth wheels but they were hard to get back in the 50s let alone now.

I recently acquired two of these.    good shape and definitely fit the Plymouth wheel   there must be two more out there somewhere.

Apparently they need to be 7.5 inches ID to fit the clips. I did find some old school trailer baby moons that are 7.5 and I'm hoping someone can chim in or I can find some reviews online stating that they will fit these older wheels. Funny thing is, my car(50 special deluxe) came with 5 mint condition OEM full size caps and they just dont do it for me. I've painted the wheels hot rod red now and really want the baby moons! Or OEM 9inch dog dish.

Sorry in advance if I'm wrong on this, but I think Wheel Vintiques can make adapter clips to mount odd sized caps to their chrome smoothie wheels.  Might be able to make something to adapt readily available moon caps to your wheels. Probably less cost than looking for needle in a haystack caps  that fit .

brian b

I snapped an original 1951 Chevy cap onto the factory wheels to the 1950 Plymouth that I had.

The car looked way better with Chevy rally wheels and police caps ( smoothie ).. Dual bolt pattern rally wheels are stupid cheap and you could paint them any color you want, just normally come finished in silver as GM did them

Edited by matt167