Disc Brakes

40plymouthman

I have never bought anything from them,and have never talked to anyone about their products that has,but I do like the idea of buying my brake kits from a company  that specializes in brakes,and even makes setups for dedicated race cars. It shows a "focus" I like.

I installed an ECI front disk kit in my 47.  I was a little disappointed that I had to do some additional work on the caliper adapter bracket to clear an interference issue, and I was surprised that installing it widened the front track enough that it was worth my while to try a different offset front wheel.  But overall it was a nicely designed kit that substantially improved braking force.

Marty

I just installed the ECI kit on my 1950 Plymouth and converted to dual master with remote fill.  The disc bake kit installed without a problem and the mounting adapter for the dual master is well made and bolted right in after I reamed out one hole slightly.  I did weld a stop onto the adapter similar to the stock master rather than letting the floor be the pedal stop, it made adjusting the pedal height much easier.  Also since the only remote fill master they have is for a power brakes Mark advised me I would have to fabricate something to retain the pedal rod in the shallow indentation in the master.  After a little quality time in my "thinking chair" I was able to come up with a simple solution.  Bottom line, good parts, good people, and very willing to answer questions.  I highly recommend them.

On 11/13/2018 at 12:40 PM, rhelm1953 said:

I just installed the ECI kit on my 1950 Plymouth and converted to dual master with remote fill.  The disc bake kit installed without a problem and the mounting adapter for the dual master is well made and bolted right in after I reamed out one hole slightly.  I did weld a stop onto the adapter similar to the stock master rather than letting the floor be the pedal stop, it made adjusting the pedal height much easier.  Also since the only remote fill master they have is for a power brakes Mark advised me I would have to fabricate something to retain the pedal rod in the shallow indentation in the master.  After a little quality time in my "thinking chair" I was able to come up with a simple solution.  Bottom line, good parts, good people, and very willing to answer questions.  I highly recommend them.

I had a similar experience with the master cylinder bracket on my 50 plymouth.  I had a heckuva time getting that push rod linkage to push through both chambers of the master cylinder And push enough fluid to run the back brakes. I finally got it all dialed in, I think. The car hasn’t hit the road yet. Mark Was nice enough, but I felt like the language he insisted on using, wa suitable for someone that had engineered these components, not for someone that is installing something like this for the first time.