I didn't need another project but it followed me home..

saiers

Found this 1950 Plymouth Special Deluxe on Kijiji a few weeks ago a few hours from me, and for 400 bucks I couldn't say no. Complete car with floor rust but solid other than that. Interior has mildew but going to try and tidy it up. Original paint will buff up. Cleaned off the massive amount of algae for now. Last insured 10 years ago.

Ply2.jpg

Ply1.jpg

Ply3.jpg

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, saiers said:

Found this 1950 Plymouth Special Deluxe on Kijiji a few weeks ago a few hours from me, and for 400 bucks I couldn't say no. Complete car with floor rust but solid other than that. Interior has mildew but going to try and tidy it up. Original paint will buff up. Cleaned off the massive amount of algae for now. Last insured 10 years ago.

Ply2.jpg

Ply1.jpg

Ply3.jpg

Awesome! Sometimes it pays to not be in love with a Chubby or Furd!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dale said:

What a deal  !! Does it run ?

It turns freely and has a very clean engine bay. Last ran a few years ago so I don’t imagine it will have any trouble firing up.

Don’t you just hate it when they follow you home like a helpless puppy, or kitten??? And once home, you just can’t turn them back out into the cold, cruel world. it’s the nurturing instinct in all of us – you’ve just got to keep it, and nurse it back to health. Best of luck . . .

• Haha 1

That looks like the best $400 purchase made in a long time.

To make it even better for our American friends it is only $280 US

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Cannuck said:

Wow what a deal, good for you

I was kinda thinking something else, Wow what a good deal for the car, it is going to be saved

Sorry Saiers, sometimes free is not cheap, I wish you the best of luck on your wallet  ?

The car looks great, glad it found a new home.

• Like 1

It is hard to tell if it is a Canadian model but if it is, you will soon find that the engine specs are different,  I am the tech advisor for '50 in the Plymouth Owner's Club and am just  across the strait on Vancouver Island.  I have not been without a 50 Plymouth since 1965.  They are truly very nice cars.  send me a PM if you have any specific questions.  dp

• Like 1

Yeah for the price I couldn't say no. I also have a bunch of parts already and have some experience with these cars so shouldn't break the bank. I took to cleaning the car some more. The drivers side is starting to look better. I'm totally into the patina look for this one, so other than running and driving and dealing with floor rust, I'm going to enjoy it as is once buffed up. I'll get some new tires and keep it as stock as possible. I prefer original for my cars as opposed to modified.

39624A3C-D21A-4B71-BE75-359F17B9EF2F.jpeg

33761171-5114-4719-8F0B-FE77E8801DA6.jpeg

• Like 1