Steering column identification

Navy Chief

I am going over my project truck doing the archaeology to determine what needs to be replaced and what needs to be and can be restored. The steering column in the truck is interesting, it has a chrome ring and what appears to be the stub of a turn signal stalk, interesting part is that the stub is on the right side of the column instead of the left where you would expect it to be. The ring is stamped PLYAL USC, a quick google search did not turn up any useful information on that stamping. Does anybody know of this was a factory option to have turn signals or did my steering column get swapped out at some point and the turn signals never connected, I have the normal add on turn signal box on the left side of the column that is currently wired in. If this is a viable turn signal switch mechanism in the column I would like to see about getting it oriented correctly and working again.

Picture attached for anybody curious about it.

steering_column.JPG

22 minutes ago, Merle Coggins said:

I'm not familiar with that name. Maybe back up and get a general overall picture of the apparatus. It's difficult to tell what it is by that closeup.

I'll see what I can get for a picture when I get home, but there really is not much more to it. Other than the chrome ring and stub of a stalk it is a black steering column.