Source of front shock mount

pflaming

Walk over to your Dodge truck, and as stated, source can be the old Ford F1...available often at swap meets, e-bay and of course these are available in two length is aftermarket through many speed shop outlets.  These have gone up in price over the last couple years as their popularity has risen.....OR....you can get the ones from olddaddy (Rustyhope.com)  and or Fatman, unsure if Fatman has them without buying the spindle kit....

I was just looking at these - it looks like they are available in 5-1/2" and 6-1/2" OAL - I haven't had an opportunity to measure the P15 to see what is needed.

Also while on a similar subject - I have read bits and pieces about using a Jeep front sway bar - does anyone know what Jeep I need to be looking for? I haven't looked at it hard enough to be able to determine it yet.

Vehicles from the 90's didn't exist yet when I started on my car, so naturally there was no talk of swapping in the anti-sway bar from a vehicle of that vintage.  So I'm rather behind the curve on this one - could someone tell me what the purpose is of using a different one?  Is the Jeep anti-sway bar stiffer, to reduce the tendency for roll in a tight turn?

Edited by Eneto-55

1 hour ago, Eneto-55 said:

Vehicles from the 90's didn't exist yet when I started on my car, so naturally there was no talk of swapping in the anti-sway bar from a vehicle of that vintage.  So I'm rather behind the curve on this one - could someone tell me what the purpose is of using a different one?  Is the Jeep anti-sway bar stiffer, to reduce the tendency for roll in a tight turn?

I've read in passing about using them - I assume its stiffer (as I think that is what it might need, but I really want to drive it more first). I know I am going to swap in some F100 shock mounts - that might placate me for handling.