Door Removal

Cpd6

I want to remove the doors from my 1950 Dodge Pickup.  Eight bolts, and then a thin piece of metal that appears to be on a hinge.  What is the best way to disconnect the thin piece.  Taking this to the frame and want to be able to put it back together as best it was.

I also would like to ask a question on removing the doors. I did remove mine last week to pull the front fenders, (I removed the front pin on the A frame) then temp install them to keep the cab dry, and the plate for the bottom hinge that is threaded for the hinge bolts, dropped down into the abyss. I need to go buy a magnet on a stick to reach in there and retrieve it.

Is that plate suppose to be welded to the body?

Or is this one of those gotchas that we need to be aware of when removing the doors?

One of those gotchas..  It needs to float so you can adjust the door in or out.  Since the other half of the hinge is welded to the door, there needs to some method of adjustment.  The other adjustment. forward or back means bending the hinge itself, not pleasant.

16 hours ago, Dave72dt said:

You can either pull the pin on the a pillar or remove the inner door panel, remove the pin there, the washer and bump stop.  My choice is the one on the pillar.

the stop arm should be attached to the pillar with a semi-tubular rivet.  Grind that off and you are set.  If you need new rivets I have a bag of them.