Color on wheels

olefre

The wheels should be black on the C39 Chryslers. NOT body color.

olefre,

this is just my own personal opinion, as I have absolutely NO idea what’s the right answer for a Chrysler – I’m of the school of tho’t that, since it’s your car, it’s your call as to the color you want the wheels to be. I’d go with the color of the car, but then again, that’s what “floats my boat” . . . Bottom line is if you like it, and others don’t, just tell them to take a long walk on a short pier, or something to that effect – it works for me, and it makes me feel a lot better, too. Regards . . .

8 hours ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

The wheels should be black on the C39 Chryslers. NOT body color.

as they got to fancier cars with full wheel covers(or standard trim rings) did they switch to all cars having black rims as a cost savings? with the full wheel covers you only see a tiny ring of the wheel anyways. 

Here's the detail on my Chrysler 1940 C25 wheels. The car's black with a green interior. Not sure where the wheels were painted, but I assume they were shipped from the USA plain black and the detail added here.

Rick

DCP_3514.jpg

Edited by Ricky Luke

The 1947-48 Chrysler Eight cylinder cars originally had caps and wide trim rings that covered the wheels completely... 100%.

So the wheels were black no need to match the car color.

C39 Eight Wheel Trim.JPG

Edited by Dodgeb4ya
Spelling correction and picture addition

Thanks all for the answers!

As DodgeB4ya claims the trim rings more or less covers the wheels completely.

On my car you can see a narrow stripe of the black wheel, and I think I will stick to the black paint.