37 Dodge 1.5 ton gear ratio

Drahcir'sMopar

I Have a 1937 dodge M series truck that my dad bought long ago. We have driven and shared many family moments in it. My dads work on earth ended this year and now I'm taking care of 'er and i want to make it go at least 65 MPH. So is this even possible without completely changing the axle out or are there gears out there that i can swap in?

2 hours ago, Drahcir'sMopar said:

I Have a 1937 dodge M series truck that my dad bought long ago. We have driven and shared many family moments in it. My dads work on earth ended this year and now I'm taking care of 'er and i want to make it go at least 65 MPH. So is this even possible without completely changing the axle out or are there gears out there that i can swap in?

65 MPH in a M series truck?

I got a little scared just reading that.

I would suggest you post your question in the flathead truck section of this site for more truck informed members.

I would imagine you could have gears made to fit but I'm sure the price would be scary.

?I think you need to slow down a bit in your thinking on that 37 Dodge  truck....

21 hours ago, knuckleharley said:

65 MPH in a M series truck?

I got a little scared just reading that.

Yeah, I really like to make things go faster, but this, I have driven 'er about ten years ago and I think it was real comfortable at about 30mph. Its a nice original, I always thought I would street rod it< but it is just way to complete to do that, so I'm going to start learn to how to work on original Chrysler stuff myself.  I do have some newer dodge drive train stuff, but I think I'll set my sights on improving this truck the way it is.

21 hours ago, 1949 Wraith said:

I would suggest you post your question in the flathead truck section of this site for more truck informed members.

I would imagine you could have gears made to fit but I'm sure the price would be scary.

Thanks, yeah I was new here and I now have seen the big truck guys on here. I really do want to just learn from you guys about the original chrysler stuff, as I also have a 54 B truck, a 55 job rated with a poly V8 and a 37 Plymouth coupe street rod with a 318.

1 hour ago, Drahcir'sMopar said:

Yeah, I really like to make things go faster, but this, I have driven 'er about ten years ago and I think it was real comfortable at about 30mph. Its a nice original, I always thought I would street rod it< but it is just way to complete to do that, so I'm going to start learn to how to work on original Chrysler stuff myself.  I do have some newer dodge drive train stuff, but I think I'll set my sights on improving this truck the way it is.

I used to drive those things in the army on occasion,and due to their brakes,steering,handling,and braking,any speed above 45 MPH is just too damn fast. Yeah,you can get one to safely go faster by replacing the suspension,steering box,brakes,and the front and rear axles,but stop and reflect for a moment on everything you have to replace and what you will  be left with when you finish spending all that money and all those hours on the modifications.

Rolling a boulder up a mountain would be a more sensible way to spend your time.

• Like 1

On November 12, 2018 at 2:31 AM, Drahcir'sMopar said:

Sorry for your loss, if it was mine, I would try and keep it as dad bought it, make it safe and make my own family moments with it. 

But I am kinda sentimental that way. :)

• Like 1