Happy Birthday Marines.

casper50

Happy Birthday Marines! The photo below is of me in 1974. Doesn't seem like 44 years ago. I bought a T shirt last week that says "Only 2.3% of the American population has served in the armed forces. Less than 1% has served in the United States Marine Corps. The Few, the Proud the Marines."

IMG_2126.jpg

• Like 1

" Rom the halls of Montazuma, to the shores of Tripoli, we . . . . " I think I could sing the song and recall the words. Where is Monazuma? I could go to google and find out I guess, maybe I will. I always liked that tune. 

I will not give the previous post  encouragement by responding.   

I would like like to say thanks to All past, present and future military members for there services to our country. I truly enjoy my freedom. 

May god bless you. 

• Thanks 1

Although I ended up in the Army, I think I knew the Marine Corps hymn before I knew the Star Spangled Banner.  I remember singing it with much more enthusiasm than talent, walking down the streets of Dallas' Oak Cliff neighborhood when I was 8 or 9.  I imagine the neighbors thought me an odd lad.