Turn Signals Made in America?

I want to mount a turn-signal switch on my steering column. Are any brands made in America? I want to avoid Chinese sourced parts like the plague because I'm tired of wasting my money on junk. I might take a chance on Taiwan though if I can find one.

Edited by Jocko_51_B3B
  • Like 1

The new Signal Stat 900s look OK. They seem to have good reviews. (Boy I hope they're not from China.) Now I need to find out if they work with a 6V positive ground system.

I called Truck-Lite but the guy I spoke to wasn't sure. Waiting for a return phone call.

Attachment11161.aspx

Edited by Jocko_51_B3B

Made in China.

1 hour ago, Jocko_51_B3B said:

The new Signal Stat 900s look OK. They seem to have good reviews. (Boy I hope they're not from China.) Now I need to find out if they work with a 6V positive ground system.

I called Truck-Lite but the guy I spoke to wasn't sure. Waiting for a return phone call. Nothing's easy it seems.

Attachment11161.aspx

They work on 6 12 and 24v you just have to change the indicator bulb

17 hours ago, Jj1981 said:

I’ve been cleaning up my original turn signal that came with the truck has anyone tried rewirong theirs? Mine is very clean on the inside I would like to reuse if possible 

I have two ss 800 that both had the same wire pop off at the "bake lite" board. 

It was a challenge to get the wires back on the boards.

I am sure it has been done but If it was me, unless the wires are frayed or exposed I would wrap them and call it good 

I have re-done mine a couple different times. It’s pretty easy to get working as a switch but I never went the extra mile to make the indicator lights in it work with my 12v system. 

I probably will do that this go-around. Nobody likes the guy who drives around with his turn signal on for miles. I’m still tickled by the novelty of the non self canceling switch. 

The etched plate on the signal is one of the coolest details in my cab I would never replace it with streetrod type stuff as long as I could make it work. The other beautiful detail is the heater core- such a shame it’s hidden under there!

I spoke to Truck-Lite today and the engineer I spoke to was helpful enough to send me several pages of wiring diagrams including how to wire up a Signal Stat 900 for a 6V positive ground system. I'll try to post them when I get a few minutes. According to him, the 900 will work with 6 or 12 Volts, but the indicator light will be a bit dim if not changed to a 6V bulb. The engineer recommended a GE51 bulb or equivalent for a 6V system. The 900 is made in Mexico. The price on Amazon is around $41 which isn't bad if it's a good unit. The reviews are good except for one guy who complained that the 900 won't work with LED lights and another who complained (and I see his point) that his unit did not come with instructions. 

55 minutes ago, Jocko_51_B3B said:

I spoke to Truck-Lite today and the engineer I spoke to was helpful enough to send me several pages of wiring diagrams including how to wire up a Signal Stat 900 for a 6V positive ground system. I'll try to post them when I get a few minutes. According to him, the 900 will work with 6 or 12 Volts, but the indicator light will be a bit dim if not changed to a 6V bulb. The engineer recommended a GE51 bulb or equivalent for a 6V system. The 900 is made in Mexico. The price on Amazon is around $41 which isn't bad if it's a good unit. The reviews are good except for one guy who complained that the 900 won't work with LED lights and another who complained (and I see his point) that his unit did not come with instructions. 

The Signal Stat 900 doesn't have an integrated flasher relay - that is what determines if it can be used with LEDs. In fact I have a Signal Stat 900 running LEDs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good to know that LEDs will work too.

I don't like the quality of the Dodge reproduction taillights that are available, so I ordered a couple of non-original Grote brand taillights from Amazon. I'll have to change the bulb for 6V. I picked these out because Grote has a good name and because these taillights have 2" mounting studs that will fit the reproduction license plate holders.

https://www.grote.com/products/50882-4-steel-two-stud-mount-stoptailturn-lamp-red/   (with license plate window)

https://www.grote.com/products/50892-4-steel-two-stud-mount-stoptailturn-lamp-red/   (without license plate window)

• Like 2