Reverse linkage on 48 P15 Special Deluxe

Wanderlust

For those of you who have been following my ole Plymouth, finally have it starting on the starter and flywheel replaced. Next issue is there’s no reverse. When replacing the flywheel the top linkage wasn’t hooked up on the transmission. But I can’t seem to find where it went to originally. Any pics would really help. I’ve looked in the manual but the diagram isn’t great. Photo included for reference as to what I’m talking about. 

ACF0C91A-BC12-4FE8-9EBC-A6BCB91E780D.jpeg

top lever  moves with the up and down of the shifter   up for second and reverse, down for first and high.

bottom lever moves when you pull the shifter toward you and selects whether the other lever chooses low or reverse. or second and high.

There is an adjustment which can be a bit finicky . shorten the connecting rod until it has only a slight amount of endplay

and your troubles will be over.

There should be two linkages that connect to the transmission only a couple inches apart from each other onto two levers that come out of the transmission.  I tried to take a picture of it, but it came out lousy.  I will try and take another picture. 

• Thanks 1

If you go on to YouTube and look up "Chrysler Master Tech- 1949, volume 2-6 Transmission Fundamentals"  I watched it and found it very helpful. Doe a good job of showing the linkages.

• Thanks 1