Anyone seen a 51 B3JMA?

Looks to be a great project cab over... 161" WB, 2 speed axle,5 speed trans 2-1/2 tonner. 250 engine.

Kinda always wanted one....hard to find a good one or one at all.

7 hours ago, Flatlander_summit said:

Maybe I will regret not buying it. I had never seen a dodge coe before. 

hard to tell vehicle condition from one picture, but I paid $4k for my COE and it DOESN'T run and is missing a bunch of stuff.  Don't want to make you feel bad, but that would have been a good buy IMO up to $5k.

My 49' is 98 percent complete thou needing some real love. The hood is rough, but salvageable....the rest is awesome.

I know the guy who was selling it. He was asking $8,000 but couldn't wait for a deal to go down, so he called me.

"Dude, its in great shape...could you part with 4 grand for it?" Seemed fair to me...that was 2 years ago.

I do have a question thou...I don't remember the name badge being on the brow of the hood....

48D     

Edited by 48Dodger

2 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

hard to tell vehicle condition from one picture, but I paid $4k for my COE and it DOESN'T run and is missing a bunch of stuff.  Don't want to make you feel bad, but that would have been a good buy IMO up to $5k.

Im more of a Ford and GM guy, but I just thought this was cool.

This one has rust on the hood where mice had been running. 

12 hours ago, Flatlander_summit said:

This was sold online today. I didn’t exactly know what it was worth, but would have really liked to have it. It sold for $3950, I bid it up to $3850. The owner said that it did run.  

Apparently it was worth $3,950.

1 minute ago, Flatlander_summit said:

How common are they?

Well.... around here in the Ohio area.... I've been messing with flathead Mopars for 20 years and I have only seen one Mopar COE in person and it was a 1940 model. I do tend to get to a few car shows around including the Columbus Goodguys show and I get to ALOT of farm auctions because I also collect antique tractors. Pretty much all of my gearhead friends contact me if they see anything remotely close to a flathead Mopar. Take that for what its worth.

I've seen several W series COE's.... one or two B series,.... three or four  C series,   same for the K series. In the lat 30 years or more.

58 minutes ago, HotRodTractor said:

Well.... around here in the Ohio area.... I've been messing with flathead Mopars for 20 years and I have only seen one Mopar COE in person and it was a 1940 model. I do tend to get to a few car shows around including the Columbus Goodguys show and I get to ALOT of farm auctions because I also collect antique tractors. Pretty much all of my gearhead friends contact me if they see anything remotely close to a flathead Mopar. Take that for what its worth.

What kind of tractors do you collect? We are into the green ones and I have a few mutt Cockshutts and Minneapolis. 

045A6034-B8C6-49B5-9629-B08B6D4B7A1C.jpeg

Edited by Flatlander_summit

We have moved on from the lettered tractors to trying to get just the 20 and 30 series. We also have somewhere around 30 in our collection, which is too many to try to store and deal with.  I would like to just have a R, 80, 820, and 830 and a puller to simplify things. My dad is 70 years old and enjoys things with motors more than sports so it has been something that I can do to spend some time with him when we aren’t working, but like every other hobby it’s expensive.

I thought that COE would have been fun to have put on a 12 valve dually chassis and made a show tractor puller. 

Edited by Flatlander_summit
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Flatlander_summit said:

How common are they?

not that common, I've NEVER seen one in Minnesota, save mine.  Total in my life I've seen 4 or 5 Dodge COE's.

They are much more popular than B series semi’s!!

I have always loved COE’s also. I had a chance to buy a very good condition, road ready COE a few years ago.  Still think about it but just another toy in my several toy boxes that never get played with. 

24 minutes ago, ggdad1951 said:

not that common, I've NEVER seen one in Minnesota, save mine.  Total in my life I've seen 4 or 5 Dodge COE's.

There’s a lot of things you don’t see much of in Minnesota.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Flatlander_summit said:

We have moved on from the lettered tractors to trying to get just the 20 and 30 series. We also have somewhere around 30 in our collection, which is too many to try to store and deal with.  I would like to just have a R, 80, 820, and 830 and a puller to simplify things. My dad is 70 years old and enjoys things with motors more than sports so it has been something that I can do to spend some time with him when we aren’t working, but like every other hobby it’s expensive.

I thought that COE would have been fun to have put on a 12 valve dually chassis and made a show tractor puller. 

Most of the collection was 30 series. I had an example of every engine type for every model except an 430LP and a 530LP.  The only tractor I ever regret selling was my 830I with one of the sweetest running pony motors ever.

I got pretty lucky with mine. It's a 52 B3JM that I paid $2,000 for a year ago, and it was 20 minutes from my house. Not a single part is missing. It has it's some rust, but it's definitely restorable. Can't wait to start this project! 

I'm also a green tractor owner! I have a 1953 50.

1.jpg

• Like 5

On 11/9/2018 at 8:46 AM, Todd B said:

There’s a lot of things you don’t see much of in Minnesota.  

Will bet snow is not one of them!