Did you vote today????

P15-D24

Left, right or in the middle it doesn't matter if you don't vote!

It is also a way to honor our veterans for their service to protect this precious right.

And yes I voted a week ago!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

No.  I am a legal alien.  (I pray, though.  I figure if folks can get political, I can get religious.  On the international political scene, however, it is interesting that Jair Bolsonaro will be the new president of Brazil.  He is an extreme right-wing former military guy, general, I think.  People there are calling him the "Brazilian Trump".)

Edited by Eneto-55
correct spelling to English (instead of Portuguese)

I did indeed.  And turned in the wife's absentee ballot, too, since she is in NJ this week.  I echo Plymouthy Adams' sentiment, and even told the Town Manager and her assistant (that's who administers the voting in the small townships here) the same in a room full of people...but with a tad more tact, they're nice ladies.

• Like 1

The local county's registrar of voters website shows that they received my completed ballot at 10:32:38 AM on 10/17/2018.

Here in California they stopped calling them "absentee ballots" (which used to have all sorts of hurdles like proving you were going to be out of state on election day) and they are now simply mail in or ballots by mail and are available to everyone. I don't understand why everyone doesn't select that method of voting. Quick, easy, do it in your own house, no need to take time off work, etc.

• Like 2

Yup, of course. I don't think I've ever missed an election, no matter which state I lived in. Yesterday, voting was conducted in a school gym, using paper ballots. I'm always concerned about paper ballots; too many stories of errors, whether intentional or not. But, when I asked why no machines, the volunteer responded that our area is too poor to afford machines??!!!!!!

You've got to be kidding, right???!!!!?

14 hours ago, Dodgeed said:

Yup, of course. I don't think I've ever missed an election, no matter which state I lived in. Yesterday, voting was conducted in a school gym, using paper ballots. I'm always concerned about paper ballots; too many stories of errors, whether intentional or not. But, when I asked why no machines, the volunteer responded that our area is too poor to afford machines??!!!!!!

Probably saving up for a convention of County Clerks in Hawaii

16 hours ago, Dodgeed said:

Is Wilmington back on the grid since the hurricane went through....they do need electricity...….:lol:  While it is not funny folks without power...the powers to be take so much and give so little....

yep voted, walked right up the the desk and then right to a booth.  Not that it matters in Kallifornia II (Minnesota) where the results are we have now gone full left and have no oversight to keep people honest...gonna be a few interesting tax hike years in the future.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

Is Wilmington back on the grid since the hurricane went through....they do need electricity...….:lol:  While it is not funny folks without power...the powers to be take so much and give so little....

Yup, Wilmington is back on the grid. Interesting, for me anyway, we were w/o power for 3 days in my neighborhood, but w/o internet for 7 days, and we missed that more than missing power. But, I've gotta admit, when the power DID come back on, having A/C again was so nice. I've also, in the past, have had water shut off. You find you'll miss water more than any other service. Internet access next; then power. Mail was last (we didn't have mail for 7 days, and some was actually lost for 3 weeks..... post office building sustained serious water damage, including mail, and then they couldn't find where they'd sent it to dry out :) )

Nothing like recovery from a major storm.   We lost power 14 hours almost to the minute with Florence.  Later that evening and about an hour before dark a group of 5 power trucks from out of town assembled in front of my place awaiting to see if they were going in for the evening or dispatched to some place else.  These guys were busting their hump and yet were in good spirits.  I made them a fresh pot of coffee and carried it out to them.  Their first question to me was, do you own anything besides Chrysler products?

And yes...when for some reason I lose internet...I know it....I do more research on line daily that I realize at times.  

10 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

Nothing like recovery from a major storm.   We lost power 14 hours almost to the minute with Florence.  Later that evening and about an hour before dark a group of 5 power trucks from out of town assembled in front of my place awaiting to see if they were going in for the evening or dispatched to some place else.  These guys were busting their hump and yet were in good spirits.  I made them a fresh pot of coffee and carried it out to them.  Their first question to me was, do you own anything besides Chrysler products?

And yes...when for some reason I lose internet...I know it....I do more research on line daily that I realize at times.  

Yep, here in Wilmington, there were power companies from all of the eastern US helping out. Since I have several rental investment properties, and they all suffered power loss, wires pulled out, electric boxes pulled from the buildings, etc. I was very interactive w/these guys over a 10 day period. They were, every single one of them, friendly and truly looking for ways to ease the burden we were all suffering under.