12th ANNUAL CLEMENTS TAILGATE BBQ, Clements California

48Dodger

12TH ANNUAL CLEMENTS TAILGATE BBQ

APRIL  6TH  2019

SATURDAY 9AM TIL WHENEVER

EARLY TOW-IN BEGINS NOW AND LATE TOW-OUT ENDED YESTERDAY

Show up Thursday or Friday and Camp-Out til Sunday or Monday, always need the Help

Its FOR REAL!!! The 12th year in a row that Old Dodge Trucks have  come to a meet with their Ol' Dodge Owners!!!

Unbelievable, #12 !!!!!....the place where the largest number of Dodge Pilot-House Era Trucks meet in the whole WORLD !! !(  I think..lol  ). 

The people I've met over the last 11 BBQ's has made my life so much better. This time of year is so awesome because finishing an old truck actually has meaning to the crowd you'll see here! Fenders and bumpers to hang on, hoods to lift, parts to swap, and stories to tell! I look forward to it all. Every year is special with returning long distant travelers and new ones that are finally able to make the trip! I always look forward to meeting you all!

I've have been busy as always but never forget to make time for my friends. My son has moved to the Bay Area, my daughter has moved to Arizona and my oldest daughter has bought a new, bigger house, as her family continues to grow. Its been quite a year for the old man..lol. But with my changing life I could use the extra hands. Its a big deal every year!! The guys are coming from the north, the south, the east and the west. You know you'll meet someone you know from the forum, and it'll be the coolest thing ever...its true...I have good friends in far away states and countries because this here BBQ. Come on down and join in the "hard-work" and have a burger for your troubles! 

"The car crowd is growing and more than welcome to come. I could easily call it "The Tailgate/Trunk BBQ"!"

"I can't tell you how much I look forward to this every year, its a blast and for some, lasts a few days. Campers show up on Thursday or Friday and leave on a Sunday morning.....all enjoying late night chat sessions around the fire pit." 

"I hope new and old  members alike are inspired to make the trip and maybe even drive their trucks the distance....you know we have your back! "

"So many good stories around the fire pit the nights before and after the event. I can't tell how cool it is to have forum members stay several days and just relax....."  

"Looking forward to a great party! Now build it, and bring it!!!"

"It was around 2007 when Bob Koch, Jim Shepard, and myself (Tim Estrada), went to Reg Evans' place to check out his "yard". While we were eating hotdogs, drinking cold beverages, solving international and regional issues....we thought "lets have a BBQ".

"Get the wheels on, and the tanks full....its time to finish up and git to the Q! It ain't no beauty pageant of trailer queens, its a truck show...so flex your rust as well as your shine!"

Tim aka 48Dodger

Flyer to follow after we vote on a picture...........

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

I've attended 10 of the 12, it's a never miss event for me. 2019 I'm adding Yosemite Valley to the weekend end. The BBQ once was a good event, then Steph joined and it now is a great event! 

IMG_2752.JPG

Edited by pflaming
  • Like 3

LOL...back in the day, I used to get called "Lyle" by friends of mine.

For the life of me I don't know why!

thumbnail.jpg

Sorry the image is so big....:D

48D

Edited by 48Dodger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wow, Julie and I were planning a new route for this BBQ  (down hwy101) when you posted this Sunday 48d  ?

Sorry, probably won't be bringing the flatbed this year.... planning a different trip in June for him. 

Can't wait for the BBQ! But I guess we'll have to  ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The work begins in Ernst....let the winter builds be finished!!!!

Let us know where you're at in your prep for the show gig thingy!

We can only offer you encouragement or mockery.....whatever it takes to get you here! :D

Its wet and a bit muddy here, but after all the devastating fires, we'll take it.

I'll post some pics of progress, and as usual, if you want to help with some of the unglamorous prep work....come on down!   

Tim aka 48Dodger

• Like 1

On 1/24/2019 at 5:44 AM, 48Dodger said:

The work begins in Ernst....let the winter builds be finished!!!!

Let us know where you're at in your prep for the show gig thingy!

Just finished the "art work" for my ride down there ?

IMG_1221.JPG.81a008502e9dc4bfccb1bd5579395313.JPG

• Like 4

Paul are you taking the truck and not the "new" Suburban??

Where is your adventurous spirit??

Just make sure your tow card is active! ?

DJ

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the rain is here, and its falling on the weekends instead of the weekdays.....

So I'm giving up a certain amount of sleep to get things ready around here.

I work nights, which means I normally sleep during the day....been doing that for 20+ years now.

The drought has been rough on my plant life here, and it doesn't help I'm not a green thumb kinda guy.

But the wet weather might mean I have a renewed chance to replant and try again...lol. 

I'm also building a new corral in the "parking lot" area that most have become used to, so I'll need to

point that out to the regulars least they become roped and branded by mistake....:D

Any locals that have a free day, please give me shout and I'll take you up on a visit.

ITS 2 MONTHS AWAY!!!!! WHOHOOO!!

Tim aka 48Dodger

• Thanks 2

The rain keeps coming....that's a good thing......but its a chore working through the wet stuff, I keep getting wet.

Can't be anything worse than wet weather when it comes to working. I'll take the heat any day....lol

Snow is a great excuse not to work....but rain is one of those dang inbe 'tweener  kinda deals.....don't wanna be a sissy!

Gonna be hard to stay on top of things but at least we'll be better off in the long hall.....put that 4 year drought behind us.

Somebody post a BBQ pic if you will please, my computer is acting up and I can't seem to find time to fix it.

ITS LESS THAN 2 MONTHS AWAY!!!

Give a SHOUT OUT so we know your coming over!!

Tim aka 48Dodger

I've said it before ....but, a rainy day at the BBQ is still better than a dry day at work :D 

here is a BBQ photo.....

bbq.JPG.a6fb97d4413bb103e4326621b088e346.JPG

• Haha 1

I plan on being there again this year with a big 'ol chunck 'o smoked meat too....(as long as they don't keep pushing off my surgery)!!! I'll be calling you soon Tim!!....and here is a brisket pic from last year!

IMG_8442.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is camping out this year let me know....I believe I have enough areas cleared, but I've been wrong before.

motorhomes and trailers are good...plenty of room!

If you show up a day early, we got the fire pit blazing Friday night and Saturday night.

ITS GETTING CLOSE!!!! TUNE THAT BABBY UP AND GET IT ROAD TESTED!!!!

Or just show up....we'll let you in...someone's gotta do the dishes. :D

Tim aka 48Dodger 

• Haha 1

ITS A MONTH AWAY!!!!

Show us what you're bringing!

Be it food or truck, happy to have ya.....lol.

Tim aka 48D