Dodge car chase

austinsailor

As terrible as it is. You can totally see the resemblance to “Smokey and the bandit” which would come out in ‘77. I wonder if the writers of Smokey stole the premise?

Note:

fat annoying sheriff 

inept deputies recking squad cars

hero driving fast car in a red shirt

Come on!

p.s why are the cops wearing CA motorcycle helmets while driving?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tom'sB2B said:

As terrible as it is. You can totally see the resemblance to “Smokey and the bandit” which would come out in ‘77. I wonder if the writers of Smokey stole the premise?

Note:

fat annoying sheriff 

inept deputies recking squad cars

hero driving fast car in a red shirt

Come on!

p.s why are the cops wearing CA motorcycle helmets while driving?

duh....they crashing all over the place.....protecting them from themselves....

19 hours ago, sser2 said:

That time (70s) it was just a clunker fit for demolition derby.

So true. I remember back in the late '50's, there were still many '30's and '40's cars around and I never spent more that $75.00 for one. One in particular was a 4 door extended trunk "37 Oldsmobile six cylinder that I received as a gift. It ran well and even had blue dot tail light lenses. If only I had kept that special car.

John Reddie

• Like 1

Wow,

That 39 coupe handles just like mine.  Never tried roll overs, or water crossings, but nice to see how well it managed.  Poor  little coupe.   The movie is a great example of the comic book type stuff made for showing at drive in movies.  Usually the worse the movie, the quicker the movie goers attention turned to their dates.

brian b

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, brian b said:

Wow,

...….  Usually the worse the movie, the quicker the movie goers attention turned to their dates.

brian b

exactly why no one here remembers that movie scene....and for the reason stated above, would not admit to it even if he did recall...I was stationed overseas at that time....good or bad, don't recall many movies....

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

I hate to see any of those cars trashed like that...  Granted, the cop cars weren't even close to "old" when this was made, but who wouldn't like to have one now-a-days (brand loyalties aside...).  Amazing how the "bad guy" stayed in that seat through the whole chase...

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:33 AM, John Reddie said:

So true. I remember back in the late '50's, there were still many '30's and '40's cars around and I never spent more that $75.00 for one. One in particular was a 4 door extended trunk "37 Oldsmobile six cylinder that I received as a gift. It ran well and even had blue dot tail light lenses. If only I had kept that special car.

John Reddie

Always having had an interest in vintage cars; in 1962 I bought a 1937 Chrysler C16 coupe - absolutely solid stock body with no rust. When I bought the car ,it still had the stock radio for the year and also the original owner's manual in the glove box.The paint colour however had been changed to "plum red" .The engine while  "stock" had been slightly modified ,fitted with an Edmunds dual carb intake,dual carburetors as well as an exhaust cutout.Not a hotrod by any means, but kinda cool at the time - owning the car helped me keep my bubble on the level for a couple of years tinkering and driving it.?

The cost at the time to buy the car was $100.00 

Edited by T120
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1