36 vs 37 Plymouth Identification

cturboaddict

Short story- I'm installing a hub to hub fatman stage ii front suspension on my 37 plymouth. During the install, I noticed that he spring hats/shock towers aren't matching up with the dimensions they've provided me. I called them today, and they said that something isn't right based on the dimensions I've provided them. They asked if I was sure it was a 37, kind of noting it could of been a transition frame or a remnant frame that has a 37 body on it.  I have to get them some more frame dimensions today, but was curious......
~Title says 1937

~Body Tag (on firewall passenger side) says

P44T-10998

816-349

92-946

Is there any tell tale signs that I can distinguish from a 36 and 37? 
Photos of the car are here. 

https://flic.kr/s/aHskGk325Q

3 hours ago, cturboaddict said:

Anyway to distinguish between frames???? That's probably my more direct question..

I see what you are asking. I'm sorry but I can't answer that. The body style did change between the two years so there could be frame dimension differences as well. Hopefully someone on the forum can provide you with the info that you need.

John R

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John Reddie said:

I see what you are asking. I'm sorry but I can't answer that. The body style did change between the two years so there could be frame dimension differences as well. Hopefully someone on the forum can provide you with the info that you need.

John R

Thanks bud. Appreciate it! 

Fatman has asked that I pull some dimensions for them today, for them to compare the 2. I found this online, and it looks fairly close to my dimensions and frame. 
I also found this 36 drawing, but the dimensions are hard to read. 

PLYMOUTH 1937 FRAME.jpg

One of the big things to note, is that the radiator support on my frame looks identical to the one in the 1937 frame dimension drawings with the inswept circular cutout. Where the 36 seems to look more like a rectangular plate. 

This car is a late 37. (By pics) In the middle of the production year they went to safety knobs (recessed in Pics) ) Lots of specs/part numbers changed and not all at once at the same production plants. Have to bounce  serial number on door frame against production numbers,P3 or P4. I see open (Late) leaf springs vice cloth/metal wrapped. Licence plate light  is dodge? Most old/original titles were done by engine serial number. Both P3/4 bodies had a motor serial number starting with a P4.

• Like 1