P15 Inner Fender hole Identification Question

3046moparcoupe

Hey fellow P15 owners, before I confiscate the two existing holes I just discovered on the drivers side inner fender just below the starter solenoid, to mount some circuit breakers. 

Maybe someone could tell me what there original purpose was for ?  Each hole has a couple of threads (just like the punched in holes up on the drivers side shroud, by the core support,  where the headlight t-blk mounts).  They are about 2 inches apart, and are located a few inches below the rear (firewall) side of the starter solenoid.

Just by the location, I'm guessing maybe some kind of support brkt  that braces up the solenoid to starter cable ??  however, nothing was there on the car when I got it.

I appreciate the help

Steve

Thank you Dan, the horn relay on this car was mounted up by the horns themselves, centered between the horn mounting bracket, slightly in front of the top center of the core support.  and I've since gone through and re-worked that area and left the relay there.  Sounds like I can go ahead and use this spot for my circuit breakers. I appreciate the reply back on this.  Many thanks.

Steve.

Thank you Tim and Ed. I appreciate your reply's back,....you both have helped me countless times over the past few years....

and I can appreciate what Tim is saying regarding a picture,...I will do that going forward,...as I'm looking for accurate reply's back, least I can do is my part to try and help insure that enough information is provided to allow that to be possible. Very good point,...not only smart, but wise..

These holes do match up with the hole spacing on the horn relay, and they are an exact physical match (where they just appeared to have punched the sheet metal inward, drilled a hole in the center and threaded the slightly over a 16th inch of curved in sheet metal around the hole,  [ maybe 3-4 threads ], )  as the holes also up front on the drivers side shroud sheet metal where the headlight terminal strip mounts...

Interesting that these 2 horn relay holes and the 2 holes up front for the headlight t-blk, fit a #6 metric screw perfectly....there must be an old machine screw thread that was a close match to a #6, as I sure wouldn't think they would have used anything metric on these cars originally.

Thanks again forum friends..

Steve

Metric bolts on an old Plymouth???!  Is that worse than using Ford parts?  (Just kidding.  I am planning to use the antenna mast off of a 93 Chrysler Town & Country to repair the antenna on my 46, and I was pleased to find out that the threads on it are actually standard 1/4-20.  MAYBE I would have anyway, even if they were metric...)

METRIC????.........wash your mouth out!.............lol.................what are those two things at the end of your legs?......metres or feet???...........lol.............I throw every metric bolt I find in the garbage bin and have a set of metric spanners & sockets under lock & key lest they escape & infect the correct and pure Imperial tools..............metric?......bah humbug!!..........lol.........better go wash my mouth out now............lol..........regards from Oz......Andyd  

• Like 1