1935 plym busness coupe pj light switchs

kwisor

Does the headlight switch knob unscrew?...........I have had a few different switches but found that the ones that the knob unscrews from have the chromed ferrule(?) that shows on the front of the dash also unscrews...........squirt some WD40 or similar into the ferrule then see if its got an area where you can tap the ferrule to move it......maybe see if the whole switch can be moved at all from the rear which may loosen the ferrules grip on the front......that chromed knob is my cars headlight switch, tho' the ferrule is not very clear in this pic..............btw why 2 light switches?........is one for the dash lights?, on my car that was a separate small toggle switch under the dash edge.......andyd 

P1010280.JPG

Edited by Andydodge

Yikes..........lol.........yep they maybe a real problem child..........they look like the original plastic type of knob that may screw on but its gunna be hard to be sure...........the fact that the left hand one appears to have spun a little tighter(?) maybe might indicate that they screw on but trying to undo it/them may result in the knob disintergrating........they may be a threaded diecast knob with the plastic? cast around it.........that one I have on my car I don't think was that style but its been there for so long, over 40 years now that I honestly can't recall where it came from and whether it was originally like yours but it is a screw on knob and I got it chrome plated back then............you say you have the bezel loose......did it unscrew?.............do either of the switches still operate?..........andyd

hello

andy

I do not know if they work the lights on the car where removed when I got it.  do not see a lock screw I have tried to unscrew them but did not come loose also  I tried to pull them off did not move the bezels did unscrew but knows have to come off to get them off the dash

kevin

Edited by kwisor