Fargo tow truck in Oz

Geekay

On 10/26/2018 at 5:57 PM, Reg Evans said:

Looks like about a 39 or 40 to me,.

I agree - headlights are set in on the fenders. Not familiar with the Fargo grills, but it has to be prewar. Also looks to be a 1 1/2 ton with the five lug wheels. Clean truck.

On 10/26/2018 at 7:57 PM, Reg Evans said:

Looks like about a 39 or 40 to me,.

On 10/26/2018 at 8:56 PM, ggdad1951 said:

W series...paging Ed..

That's a tricky one. I don't know the Fargo's as well as the Dodges. However the cowl lights would indicate 41-47. However I don't see the depression in the front fenders for a headlight which would say 39-40 as Reg mentioned. The headlights themselves appear to be chevy/gmc units.  

Edit: just noticed the vent window in the door which would put it to 46-47. 

Edited by Young Ed

22 hours ago, Young Ed said:

That's a tricky one. I don't know the Fargo's as well as the Dodges. However the cowl lights would indicate 41-47. However I don't see the depression in the front fenders for a headlight which would say 39-40 as Reg mentioned. The headlights themselves appear to be chevy/gmc units.  

Edit: just noticed the vent window in the door which would put it to 46-47. 

Good catch on the wing windows. The headlights definitely don’t look original and it does have the cowl lights. The truck below claims to be a 39 Fargo, has the correct headlights, no cowl lights, but has wing windows. Grill trim is very different from the tow truck. My vote now goes for the tow truck being 46-47 with older (or modified) fenders.

1939 Fargo Truck

Keep in mind... This likely being an Austrailian built truck our minor model year changes may not apply. I’ve noticed that with the B-series trucks. The Aussie trucks are a bit different and they carried the cab design an extra year to two, from what I’ve seen in pictures. 

• Thanks 1