Fuel pump with vacuum

jimholland

That is the only reason for the dual fuel/vacuum type pumps.

If the vacuum part still works try it!

DJ

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jimholland said:

So it hooks straight to the wipers? I am pretty sure it works. 

Run the motor, put your finger over one port of it at a time.  One or the other will try to pull your finger in. Hook it to the windshield wipers.

The other port was meant to be attached to the air cleaner when it was filtered air.

I chose to eliminate that work by just using a inline type fuel filter mounted up front by the radiator to be the air filter for it. You can use one of the generic see thru types to look at the condition.. Plug off the original vacuum port for the wipers on the intake manifold it it all works good.

A working wiper vacuum pump is one on the best add-ons ever made for old Driven cars and trucks!!  ?

Try it - you will Like it!!   Mikey did!?

DJ

• Like 1

Thanks DJ. When I read your post it made perfect sense. It was bugging me what to do with the fresh air side. Never thought about it going to the breather. I like you suggestion on the filter better though. 

Thanks a lot.