The NEW 1956 Plymouth Plainsman

casper50

I do somewhat agree with Tim it's out there. I am still glad to have read somewhere it's finally getting restored. Lot of history behind that car still being around to look at. 

I find a number of things that are featured on this car that are now just being incorporated into car builds, take the powered step for entry....we see these more frequent today, powered tailgate,  the electric stow and go seating....say what....my 09 van has electric stow and go with a twist...the third seat can be either forward looking or rear looking but for rear it is tailgate mode (at the touch of a button)....and the swivel seats Fury made popular in late 50's...these are also in my 09 van....so yes...prototype building serve a purpose, testing the general public for acceptance and allowing their design team a bit of unbridled approach at body lines......I like the concept of concept cars, but thankfully not many concept go straight to production though features will.....

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

6 minutes ago, kencombs said:

Why can't i see this post?

This is all I see:

The NEW 1956 Plymouth Plainsman by GHIA! ツ

Posted by Rocket Carz on Tuesday, October 4, 2016

No link or pic???

its a video. do you have something where you can't watch video? are you on a pc or phone/tablet?

Was the "Plainsman" moniker used in the US by Mopar at any time?.......here in Oz the 1957-62 Chrysler Royal apart from the 4dr sedan that was based on the 53/54 Plymouth body with 55/56 style front & rear fenders and a  Chrysler Ute Oz Chrysler released about 100 wagons which were called the Plainsman........they are quite rare, I've seen one in nearly 50 yrs of playing with cars.......andyd   

Edited by Andydodge

49 minutes ago, Young Ed said:

its a video. do you have something where you can't watch video? are you on a pc or phone/tablet?

I' m on my PC with no restrictions on video.  But the post I quoted above has no link???  or included video on my viewing.

What I quoted is exactly what is on m screen.

Edited by kencombs