OT Mopar project on hold...gettin old sucks. OT

PatS....

The rapid progress on the Chrysler :rolleyes: has come to an abrupt halt. This gettin old really sucks sometimes.

A bone spur on a vertebrae in C6 is rubbing on the nerve that controls the hand and forearm causing some unbelievable pain that so far no pain killer including oxycontin will even touch.

On top of that I also have tennis elbow which is causing pain and has drained the strength from my right arm and hand. Can't even pick up a pencil.

They tell me it has to run it's course but the pain is unbelievable. Tempted to try some of that green nonprescription stuff:eek: to ease the pain.

So, the Chrysler will have to wait along with almost everything else. It's amazing how something like this just takes over your life!

It's been a month and I am ready for the asylum already.

I go to the garage regularly and start something but just can't continue for long.

Sleep?...fergit that!

I know I'm not alone and in the big scheme of things it's minor but in my world right now, it's a royal pain:mad:

I also discovered that some doctors are not too bright these days in some areas.

Sorry to hear about your joint problems. I know the feeling. I began having problems back in the early 80's when I bowled. Right hand and wrist would swell and hurt like there was no tomorrow, and the pain would shoot up to my elbow. Had a third finger hole drilled in the ball to help, but it really didn't do much. Finally quit bowling all together. Then the problem would only come up once in awhile when I did a lot of work with my hands. Then in the late 90's it started happening on a regular basis. That's when I decided to check things out. Turned out to be rheumatoid arthritis. It's really slowed me down the last couple of years. I still do things, but have to pace myself at a snails pace when I do. No cure, just have to put up with it. Hopefully, this isn't the start of the same thing for you.

Darn, Pat. Sorry to hear you're having a problem. I tend to agree more all the time about the "old age" stuff. One night several weeks ago my left shoulder began hurting for no apparent reason....could not sleep for the pain....doctor said try taking two ibuprofen three times a day and see if that helps. I did that......and the pain got less, then went away after a few days. Then last week, a similar thing with the right wrist. Ah, well......

Hope you get to feeling better soon. Bob