1935 Plymouth Coupe in Australia

35 coupe

Hi there, new to the forum and now have my first Plymouth. It is a factory right hand drive vehicle here in Australia. I am wanting to know if it was produced/assembled here in Aus' or would it have been an export vehicle from Canada. I plan to hot rod it, sorry if that upsets the purists. (not really). Also cannot find a number on the chassis, only  "PJ" stamped on the front RH rail.

Thanks in advance, cheers Dave.

20180924_103156_resized.jpg

Dave........welcome aboard............where in Oz are you?...........does it have TJR stamped into the firewall?............if its RHD and NOT as recent import  from Sth Africa or NZ   then its more than likely assembled by TJ Richards in Adelaide who were the body builders for Chrysler in Oz............does it still have the stock mechanicals under it?...................as for it being hotrodded these guys have had to put up with me for a while now and seem to have survived.........lol.............got any more pics, details etc.............BTW I'm in Grafton, NSW north coast, just up from Coffs Harbour..........regards , Andy Douglas 

• Haha 1

G'day Andy, I am in Nar Nar Goon, Vic. I can only find PJ stamped on the firewall , no TJR embossed or stamped, hence, why I ask. No serial plate, (removed/corroded).  Another thing, the small rear side windows are hinged and "batwing" outwards, I believe they were normally fixed, and the front screen does not wind out. (no provision for winder, or hole for winder arm in dash panel) The car is s not a recent import. No motors or mechanicals apart from front axle, diff and leaf springs. Saw this old ad' and figured out it was made for a V8.

Thank you for your interest, Dave.

20180911_175132_resized_1.jpg

1935 Plymouth Ad-03_0.jpg

• 2 years later...

you ay just PJ stamped on the fire wall , have rub around it and you will find a number it would be in a different fount that the TJR, as they were applied at a different time , my thought it is a T.J Richards body, their is a fully imported car in Australia wind out window, painted headlights marked PJ6

John........I sent a reply to your PM...........if you get a chance call me...........got any firewall pics?...........r......Andy Douglas