Automatic choke

Doug&Deb

32 minutes ago, Doug&Deb said:

Can anyone with a 49-52 Dodge please post a picture of the choke assembly. Mine was in a box of extra parts and a hand choke was installed. Since I’m having the engine rebuilt I’d like to install the correct setup. Thanks.

Chances are if it is in a box and a manual choke was installed,the manual choke was installed for a reason.

If you want an automatic choke,you might want to look for a NOS one to install instead of putting the old one in a box on the carb.

BTW,I would almost be willing to bet money there are excellent photos of your automatic choke and all it's installation and adjustment instructions in a Motors Manual  that covers 1949-52 cars.

Edited by knuckleharley

I tested the choke and it works. The screws had broken which seems to be common. I’m trying to use the linkage from a D24 on my 52 Coronet and I’m not sure it’s the same. It’s hooked up, I’m just not sure it’s right. Guess I’ll find out when the wiring is done.