Peen

Hi from Troy, Ohio. Just joined the group. Would like to know if there are any members around the west central Ohio region that I can talk to about my 53 Pilothouse. Been to lots of car shows around the area but till now have not found another one. Anybody else around here got one? Would like to hear from you.

Hi

Just wanted to point out the member map that shows where members are located and gives access to their profiles which usually list what types of vehicles they have.

Under “browse” the selection all the way to the right is “members.” Under that is a “members map selection. Just keep zooming inuntil you’re in the desired area. There appear to be around 20 members in the area. Many of them have car projects, though.

If the menus don’t show up for you, you may have to join up to see those resources.

Regards, Bob

• Like 1

I'm not all that far from you - just about 10 miles northwest of Urbana. I'm fairly familiar with Pilothouse trucks as well - all in all I think I've had 12 through my hands in the last 20+ years (mostly parts trucks, but a couple of runners). Working on one that I hope will be ready to go late next spring/summer. I also just picked up a pretty rockin Plymouth P15 that I will be hitting hard rewiring over the next couple of weeks.

The yellow truck in my avatar came from the Troy area about 18 years ago. Pretty sure the red and black pilothouse that was for sale in Western Champaign county this summer went in that general direction... but I could be wrong. It was a nice truck and I know they had it at the Firecracker show in Urbana July 4th.

HorRodTractor. Yes that is the same truck you are talking about. I bought it last week of June and took it to the Firecracker show the next week. Actually won a trophy with it. Been to many cars shows this year and have not seen another one. That includes the Hot Rod show in Louisville and we were just over in Gas City for the Ducktail Run and James Dean shows and didn't see any over there either. Still needs some work but it is still a nice truck. In process of making a headliner for it now. Might be taking it to the Bradford Pumpkin Show Sat. Not sure yet because of the weather. Anyway thanks for getting back to me. Have a good one and will talk to you later. Peen. ( Steve )

I went and looked at that truck - it was a good solid truck that I thought about buying. I've become particular though and decided that if I was going to buy another truck it has to have certain options. (namely corner windows and the earlier gill style - I just like it better, totally a personal preference).

Saturday, if all goes well - I'll be under the dash of the P15 running wires. I'm quickly going to run out of driving time if I don't get that done. lol

Shoot me a message and we can swap cell numbers.