incoming hurricane

Plymouthy Adams

I have never in my life seen such poor reporting on the location of the storm in my life....even NOAA no longer will put the lat/lon in the advisories.   Horrible reporting.   Turned on the computer to try to get a bit more of a pin point....

One loss of power for about 5 seconds.....drove around the community hour or so ago....lots of small stuff on the streets....winds are gusting pretty beefy at time.

lost power at 10:15 PM and it is still out...…..waited till about midnight-thirty to power up the generator....will run a bit for the freezers, updates etc. 

we be in the eye..it is calm right now.....took a tour of the neighborhood....one tree across the road down the street, minor limbs here or there...hoping the back side moves through with little effect.  

6 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

lost power at 10:15 PM and it is still out...…..waited till about midnight-thirty to power up the generator....will run a bit for the freezers, updates etc. 

we be in the eye..it is calm right now.....took a tour of the neighborhood....one tree across the road down the street, minor limbs here or there...hoping the back side moves through with little effect.  

Best of luck to you as you manage your way through the hurricane. For me, in Wilmington, it looks like we're only going to see a minor tropical storm, maybe 35 mph winds and a couple of inches of rain, much better than a few weeks ago when Florence hit us w/30 to 50 inches of rain, and 100 mph wind, which lasted 4 incredible days, as Florence stalled right over top of us. I hope you don't have to go through anything like that. Take care and keep us posted. 

thanks for the kind words and yes the storm petered out pretty quickly after making landfall...yes I am happy that it did.  Power is out for so many folks including myself.  I am running the generator a bit more this morning to keep the freezers/refrigs cycling periodically.  Looked about, a bit and nothing major that I can see.  Debris in the yard is leaves, minor branch or two and plenty of the smaller twigs that is common shedding of a pecan tree.  40 or so pecan trees can keep you busy picking thing up THAT ARE NOT NUTS

Got to sleep late...ensured the storm was past first...slept in...breakfast now and then venture outdoors.  I sure hope the folks that were hit by Florence do not have to suffer any back to back weather related damage or outages.

• Like 1

at 12:15 this afternoon, roughly 14 hours later to the minute...power was restored to our community and if we can define normal, guess we are back to it.....my yard/orchard to the right is now picked up but admit still in piles on the ground.  I will probably work a bit this evening in yard/orchard to the left which has less debris.  Should be able to get it on one trailer load to the dump.  I could pile it on the curb but we then be on their schedule for removal...its easier to just haul it to the landfill.  

Well...back to the task at hand.....I hope all our forum members faired as well as us.  Last night at 2AM they had the center of the storm 8.5 miles east of my house.