Fuel pump block off plate

Reg Evans

Okay I give ☹️……..where can I buy a fuel pump block off plate for our flathead 6 engines.  I've tried eBay, Summit, Jegs, and more and I've STRUCK OUT.

I was running an electric fuel pump through the mechanical pump on my 39 Chrysler until the oil pump started taking on gas !!!!!  NOT GOOD 

I have 3 more Flat 6's with elec. pumps and I want to abandon the mechanical pumps.   HELP !

Do I have to make my own ?

2 hours ago, Reg Evans said:

Okay I give ☹️……..where can I buy a fuel pump block off plate for our flathead 6 engines.  I've tried eBay, Summit, Jegs, and more and I've STRUCK OUT.

I was running an electric fuel pump through the mechanical pump on my 39 Chrysler until the oil pump started taking on gas !!!!!  NOT GOOD 

I have 3 more Flat 6's with elec. pumps and I want to abandon the mechanical pumps.   HELP !

Do I have to make my own ?

I made my own. Used the old fuel pump gasket as a pattern to trace on 1/8 metal sheet and cut. Drilled the bolt holes and installed with new gasket. Never been a problem with it.

• Like 2

Thanks guys.  I'm really surprised no one is making them.  I'm busy making Dash Glass.  I know....I'll make them out of glass ? kidding.

Check me (grandpadodge) out on eBay if interested.....

Reg....I'd be very surprised if anyone would bother to make the block off plate, I don't think there would be a sufficent market, also I'd be using at a minimium a piece of  3/16th plate or thicker....but thats just me............lol.............andyd

• Like 1

Yes, i think you have to make your own. I used 1/4" steel. I probably flat filed the gasket surface. Aluminum or steel, don't forget the stand off support to the heat shield, if your going to use it.To replace the fuel pump stand-off , I made an L-bracket with a 10/32 thread welded at the right spot outboard, to keep it steady. Wing nut on top, lock nut under the shield and looks original. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/9/2018 at 1:33 AM, 9 foot box said:

Yes, i think you have to make your own. I used 1/4" steel. I probably flat filed the gasket surface. Aluminum or steel, don't forget the stand off support to the heat shield, if your going to use it.To replace the fuel pump stand-off , I made an L-bracket with a 10/32 thread welded at the right spot outboard, to keep it steady. Wing nut on top, lock nut under the shield and looks original. 

Great idea for those  wishing to keep that heat shield there for when they go to a show. Keeps that original look.