Correct Build Photo Guide

Awca12a

I have a 1952 B3B that I’d like to add a passenger mirror to and check to see if some items truly belong.  Reviewed several threads like the 1951 is a 1953 and made me wonder if anyone had tackled or tried to tackle a picture guide to what is generally accepted as correct to help fellow restorers.  There aren’t many of these on the road and in 5 years I’ve only seen 4, three of which were in the field at Hershey on Saturday.  

For example. My bed is painted black wood. I’ve heard that they all came this way due to their being work trucks.  Have no way of knowing for sure.  Similarly, what does the drivers mirror look like if factory?  Or simpler, shat should the rubber mat look like on the main floor area?  

Willing to help if others like the idea.  Will be at Hershey all week C1A

your truck would have a mirror like I have on mine to be factory.  Passenger side mirrors were an option rarely gotten so hard to find.  

Yes beds were black unless they paid about $5 to have them painted same color as the cab.  The floor was rough cut wood painted color of the box (all painted at once).  Check around here on the side and look at people's build threads to see what you can find.  My 51 is as close to a factory resto as I could get (some even more pure than I would point out he 4 changes I made).  My build thread is below in my signature line: "FEF".

Beware SOME of Bunn's info...he did a great job on his books, and was a great buy, but we as a collective have found a few errors in the books. 99%+ solid info.

• Like 1