Headers for my 52

stan's52

I have been working on my 52 Concord off and on for years. I have decided it will never be a bone stock show car.  I am going to make it a little different. Raising a family, I never had the time or money to invest in a car I didn't need. I go to shows now, and never see any flat head 6's, that are a little over stock, like duel carbs, and  headers, . I seed many older cars with big V8's. I am sure people have 6 cylinder flat heads running that are not stock, I just never see them.  I already have my duel intake. There are several  options on the duel exhaust. Landdons Stove Bolt makes  cast iron, headers that look good, but I read with it, I can't run a stock fuel pump. An electric pump is another option with their header.  Red Headers makes a welded tube header, which looks good also. Anyone have experience with either, or know of another just as good.Stan

I have a set of reds headers on my 52 biz coupe they fit good with no issues and I am running the stock fuel pump

Edited by halffast52
spelling

Hi Stan -  

In my opinion, the best looking option is to turn your stock exhaust into headers. The flow as well as any headers out there, they last a lot longer than steel versions, and

it places the back header exactly where the current exhaust exits and the front one if done right avoids the fuel pump and oil pump issues that many have.   Give 

George Asche a call.  814-354-2621. Ive had the ones he build for me now for 30 years. Other than putting on better paint, and a decade ago I sent them

and had Jet-Hot coat them, they are as I got them years ago.  I dont know what the current cost is.  Back then it was way cheaper than the Fenton header or

steel options, although the truth is if they had costed more I still liked the look of them better than the other options.

I ran the Langdon's cast iron headers with a stock fuel pump with ZERO issues even in the middle of Dallas 100+ degree summers. 

You can see in the first photo that there is ample room for the stock pump. The second photo it looks like the headers are much closer to the pump, but it is just the angle that the photo was taken from. 

Here is a short video of the 218 in the first photo through 2.25 inch pipes if I remember correctly with a cross over pipe just behind the transmission and 14 inch long no-name turbo mufflers. I think it sounded pretty good. Unfortunately I never did a video of the 230 in the second picture. https://youtu.be/AxfKQ4KMM9s

190539-1275517414-5ebae7664fc2a798c4927856710af7e8.jpg

388880-1338008775-f88b30d420c5accacd6b5e95912761d6.jpg