Door lock removal

There is a set screw accessible through a hole in the end of the door.

I don’t mean to imply that it’s easy, though. After 65+ years these fasteners get pretty hard to dislodge. I’ve tried penetrating oil, shocking it with cold, and trying to drill it out. Nothing has helped so far.

I did find a locksmith who was able to cut a key without removing the lock. That may be an option for you.

There is quite a bit of discussion on the forum on this topic.

Hope you find a way that works for yours.

If you find a trick that works, please feel free to share.

- Bob B

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jpartington said:

Happy to say that I got it out. I ended up knocking the whole collar off that the set screw goes into to. 

taking the collar off might hurt ya a bit in the reinstall.  I generally just knock off the weld nut that holds the bolt.  I have a thread on putting a shaft collar on to retain the lock after you do so.  Should be down below in my sig line.

Yes that is what I did. Knocked off the weld nut  I guess I just called it a collar.  But I will have to check that out. I was kind of considering going without the set screw but ill have to see how that goes. It’s a tight enough fit that I have to pound the lock in so I know it will not fall out.