fuel sender differences?

62rebelP23

You would have to run new wires to the sender from the dash. Would may have to change the wires from the amp meter and ignition too. If you have a service manual the wiring diagram should be in the back for both cars.

That said, I'd sell the two wire unit and buy a single wire one from JC Whitney for about $20 or $30. Would be much easier that way. I think Plymouth went to the single wire unit in 1949 second series.

• 1 month later...

it looks like I have two wires coming from tank sender but not connected to anything.They are in bad shape with insulation torn in some spots. Any chance that I might create a spark inside the tank if I fiddle around with them. I think that I can just see the terminals and could install new wires but I have never worked with fuel tank wiring.

John

YES! disconnect the battery whenever working with fuel sender wiring. i'm a bit scary around gasoline and electricity together. i still need to get a real sender but other things have come first second and third lately! i know it has SOME gas in the tank... how much is another story.