P 15 add-on

John Reddie

having stood over a lathe before...working with that install would be a bit hard on the back...it has all appearance as that of my Southbend 9  I would think this  is electrical powered due to the switch controller for F/R   spare tire well would make a good chip and drain pan...

Looks like it is bolted to the board (plywood?), which may be secured at the four corners.  (There appears to be an angle bracket clamping the board down to the floor at the left rear corner.)  Should have mounted the whole deal on a slide system, or one of those deals like typewriters were sometimes mounted on, which would swing up out of the the desk, then latch in place.

• Like 1

John Reddie,

When I was in the Navy, I remember the CB’s had enclosed trucks that had equipment mounted in the back. Most of their equipment, tho’, was for carpentry, or cutting pipe for plumbing. I can’t recall any lathes in their arsenal of tools. Very interesting . . .

I did a little research on this and I learned that that Plymouth was owned by a lathe salesman which makes perfect sense as to the lathe being in the trunk. Along with the two additional Plymouth photos posted by Robin, I found this Chevrolet station wagon with a display that was used as well.

John R

image.png.832a35331201f7c7b5c004a50ad24579.png

• Thanks 1