Clutch pedal bushing?

casper50

Changing mine out has made my winter to do list.  I found an old thread about worn clutch pedal bushing but no answer on where to get one.  Mine is so worn that the side of the pedal arm scrapes against the floor pan when going in and out.  Squeals badly.  When searching I found this one for Dodge trucks of the same year.  No sizes are given.  Anyone know if the truck and car bushing is the same?    https://dcmclassics.com/suspension-parts/304-br-563-brake-clutch-pedal-bushing.html

br-563-brake-clutch-pedal-bushing.jpg

This is on a passenger car correct?  If you are referring to 6-52-11 (qty 2) they are a standard Dorman items. They are spherical,  half moon shaped.  If it is a truck VPW has the a truck kit. 

Clutchlinkage.jpg

2 hours ago, casper50 said:

Changing mine out has made my winter to do list.  I found an old thread about worn clutch pedal bushing but no answer on where to get one.  Mine is so worn that the side of the pedal arm scrapes against the floor pan when going in and out.  Squeals badly.  When searching I found this one for Dodge trucks of the same year.  No sizes are given.  Anyone know if the truck and car bushing is the same?    https://dcmclassics.com/suspension-parts/304-br-563-brake-clutch-pedal-bushing.html

br-563-brake-clutch-pedal-bushing.jpg

Take your old bushing out,mike the OD of the pin that goes through it,and take the old bushing to a NAPA store on industrial supply house and match your old bushing ID and OD to one of the new Oillite bushing they have in stock.

7 minutes ago, knuckleharley said:

Take your old bushing out,mike the OD of the pin that goes through it,and take the old bushing to a NAPA store on industrial supply house and match your old bushing ID and OD to one of the new Oillite bushing they have in stock.

Not an Oillite application. These bushings are greaseable as pictured in post #4. 

1 hour ago, Don Coatney said:

Not an Oillite application. These bushings are greaseable as pictured in post #4. 

That's not a oillite bushing? What are the holes for,if not to hold lube?

12 minutes ago, knuckleharley said:

That's not a oillite bushing? What are the holes for,if not to hold lube?

If you grease an Oillite bushing it will defeat the designed function. As mentioned the Oillite bushing soaks up oil and if greased the self lubrication fails and possibly the bushing may seize up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Don Coatney said:

If you grease an Oillite bushing it will defeat the designed function. As mentioned the Oillite bushing soaks up oil and if greased the self lubrication fails and possibly the bushing may seize up.

Thanks. I always thought,and always called the dimpled bushings "oilite" because I didn't know any better.

I used these bushings that fit a '48 Ford 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1940-48-Ford-brake-clutch-pedal-shaft-brass-bushings-flathead/261944785986?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3D4c532b0e9b374ebc9b5117f5f89d11c9%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D15%26mehot%3Dag%26sd%3D163287081014%26itm%3D261944785986&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3Af0c9f562-c5c0-11e8-8fb9-74dbd1805b4f|parentrq%3A3188537a1660aad3210c51b6fff3d181|iid%3A1

od - 0.8125"

id -  0.750"

Length 0.680"

They used a pair of bushings on each pedal on the Ford 

My '48 Plymouth needed a bushing 1.250" long for the clutch and 1.750" for the brake pedal so I fitted a pair of the Ford bushings in each pedal and cut off the excess on the clutch and lived with the 0.390" gap between the two bushings on brake pedal. I also used the Ford shaft and e-clips from the same seller. The Ford shaft is 0.750" in diameter but about half an inch longer than the Plymouth's, if your clever you could cut it length and remachine the e-clip groove or if your too impatient like me you can add a couple of 3/4 id washers on each end to take the slack.When i'm next under the car I'll take a photo and post it.

Hope this helps

regards............. Simon.

• Like 1