need help with carpet

captden29

i purchased carpet for my 54 Windsor convertible from JC Whitney. a fair product for the price. it needs some cutting to fit well. i have cut the front. now i am not sure how to prepare  where it is cut so it does not keep fraying. also, where can i get a grommet for the dimmer switch hole? i just had the seats recovered and they are beautiful. the carpet is a dark grey and the seats are a red and off white. i will post a picture when the wife gets home and she shows me again how to do that. this may inspire me to get the car painted. maybe maaco?. budget is important. thanks for ant tips.   captain den

grommet…..they everywhere...…

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=dimmer+switch+carpet+grommet+&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=dimmer+switch+grommet+for+carpet&LH_TitleDesc=0

usually a trimmer will make a bias tape from the matching material used to trim you seats, door panel to match the over all cosmetics of you carpet install and sew this on the cut for a clean looking install and protection against fray...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams