Making smoke.... on purpose.

Dodgy49

I am looking for a good way to make smoke with the engine running. Once upon a Tim I had a vacuum line to a transmission fluid bottle that when the line was opened would make smoke. I find later on that smoke may or may not have been a low level nerve gas. 

I am scheduled in a parade and want to have some fun. Suggestions for fluids, sea foam? Clean it while having a laugh? 

Deliberately making the engine smoke while participating in a parade??? Now I’ve heard it all. It certainly doesn’t show much regard for the others participating in the parade, especially those behind you, not to mention to the spectators. Instead, I think the other participants, and the spectators, would probably prefer that you just remain home. My “ignored users” list just keeps growing . . .

Edited by DrDoctor

I guess I don't understand why you would want to do this.  Leave the smoke to the flyover planes.  Most folks toss candy to the kids. We changed up a few years back and we now toss dog biscuits to the k9 s in the crowd.  The looks on the kids faces run the gamut from what the heck, to oh I get it!! 

1 hour ago, Don Coatney said:

Sounds like a great way to foul all the spark plugs and kill the engine in the middle of a parade let alone aggravating all the parade watchers. If you want a laugh just drive naked in the parade and I am sure a lot of folks would have a laugh then.

So cruel,so true.

Aircraft use a pressurized stream of specialized oil injected into the exhaust system to produce the smoke you see in sky-writing and aerobatic exhibitions. Most any competent aircraft mechanic familiar with aerobatic aircraft can set up this system in a safe manner for use in the sky.

Using a smoke system on the ground, however, would not be a recommended activity even if the special oil is fairly non-toxic.

Had a buddy in high school and we took his 48 Buick straight 8 and used the heat riser tube that ran into the exhaust manifold and ran a line from a can inside the car

with a pitcock and filled the can with kerosene and we’d sit at a traffic light and turn the pitcock and that car would fill the intersection with so much smoke.  Looked like

john candy’s car in “uncle buck”. No fouled plugs only comments from people that our car needed work badly. Still laugh about all the people we freaked out

Edited by JOHN EDGE
Spelling
  • Like 1