A Good Day

48Windsor

Didn't have anything going on today so decided to run in to a small car show - about 50 cars. The Old Whale got into the Top 10. Heck, I was happy they didn't make me remove it from the lot! About 75 mile round trip. No issues. Celebrated with a pint at a local brewery on the way home. 

car show 9-22.jpg

• Like 7

Can't remember if I've asked before but what upholstery does your Windsor have?............I had one in the early 70's, they were never marketed here in Oz, mine was supposedly one of a dozen or so brought into Oz for government use, mine had the Highlander upholstery and was in need of restoration but was still a driveable car, after all it was only 25 or so years old then....I kept it for about 18 months and then sold it, have never found out what happened to it but I still remember the beautiful dash with its still ticking clock...........a lovely car...these are the only 2 pics I have of it...........can you post more pics of your car, especially the interior and engine bay...............you mention that it was the only Mopar at the show, in reality it was the only NICE car there............lol.............regards from oz.........Andy Douglas 

img005 (6).jpg

Long Wheelbase Sedan (Such as DeSoto Suburban) vs standard sedan - From an angle, it's hard to tell, but full side tells the tale. 

I bought a model that claimed to be a DeSoto Suburban.  It was actually a model of a standard sedan, with the Suburban two-tone paint scheme.  I printed two photos, and added 18 scale inches to one of the photos. Here are the two, for comparison:  (Pardon the haze and "invisible" tape.)

847770903_Suburbanvssedan.JPG.83016ad8cdc726040069943a94f5b0b0.JPG 

Here's a pic or two. Don't look too closely, its a driver! The interior was redone back in the 80's. Although not original, I believe its similar to original. Recently saw a 47 with the same upholstery only with moth holes in it.

dash.jpg

interior.jpg

engine bay.jpg

Nice interior and very clean engine bay..........as for it only being a driver, it'll do me........one thing thats intrigued me over the years is that with the 8 cylinder cars the radiator is huge and extends about 6 inches extra on each side......as my car was a Windsor like yours and had the "normal" radiator I was unaware of the difference that the 8 cylinder cars had and was quite surprised when I saw a pic with the largere radiator.........if you come across one I'd be interested in a nice clear pic of the radiator as it still intrigues me.............but YOUR car would do me...............lol.........regards, andyd  

Some pics or a 1941-48 Chrysler 8 Cylinder radiator...yes they are big and heavy!

C39 Straight Eight Radiator (1).JPG

C39 Straight Eight Radiator (8).JPG

Thanks Dodgeb4ya.......didn't know that they had a fan shroud........and that aircleaner and silencer.......a bit of weight in that.......I assume that these pics are of your 1946 Coupe.........that has to be one of the cleanest engine blocks I've ever seen..............who painted it ?...............andyd   

That's a picture of my 1948 T&C woodie radiator....yes they do have a shroud as all staright 8 cars do and have the large and heavy air cleaner to quiet the carb intake noise...does a good job too.

My Chrysler 3 passenger coupe is a 1946 NewYorker with the same engine and radiator but not so pretty... yet!

". . . have the large and heavy air cleaner to quiet the carb intake noise...does a good job too."

so the carb is a source of noise, and a tall air cleaner is in effect a muffler? Interesting. 

Re the aircleaner as a "muffler"..........lol.............here in Oz we, or most of us I'd think know the thing on the top of the carburetor as an aircleaner but I know the Pommies...err....... British or United Kingdom residents refer to these as "Silencers".......aircleaner or air filter seems to be not a common term there........even I used the "silencer" term..........I'll go sit in my corner..................its when they call fenders "wings" that I really barf.................lol..............sorry....back to the normal channel..........lol............andyd  

Edited by Andydodge