front suspension & rearend swap

pontiacray

Thank you all for the suggestions on my 47 , I think I will try new springs & remove the lowering blocks & see how it handles I don't mind the work my dad was a mechanic his whole life & so I picked up the trade as a hobby , but I have in the past I have clipped car's , but this mopar has me thinking twice about it again thanks to all on this topic ?

If you cant find stock front springs from normal vendors, there are some folks here who installed Ford Aerostar front springs.  You will notice that the stock shock absorbers on the front mount between the A arms. A simple upgrade is to buy or make frame mounts 53-56Ford F100 work well and can be bolted on, then add longer gas shocks.  Several front disc. brake conversions are availably, most of them have been discussed and documented on these pages, use the search function.  Also the front sway bar from non Grand Cherokee jeeps are a simple up grade.  If you feel you need to address the rear axle, Cherokee, Dakota five bolt, Ford ranger, explorer, and Mopar B bodies are good donors and some will give you rear disc brakes in the bargain. Some spring pad work and shock mount work will be needed.  If you go to do the front clip thing you will need to fabricate a lot of new sheet metal and bracket hangers, bumper mounts, and other things added to the change.

Edited by greg g
  • Like 1