Junkyard Photos

FlashBuddy

My new best friend Mike texted an invite for a junkyard run. I had to weigh that against the coffee shop invite from the wife. I scored a wooden box for eight bucks.  Mike pulled  a Merc radio, speedometer and e-brake parts. Still cogitating on the rear bumper. With the under bed spare I'm not sure how that would work.

20180922_101617-1008x756.jpg

20180922_112936-1172x1172.jpg

Vintage View-1008x756.jpg

GMC Tailgate.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sigh... I so wish we'd still have salvage yards like that here as well...

In the 60's & 70's when I was kid they were around.

Been almost 40 years when they started to clean up & close them up. Boy that process was fast.

Today I don't know any to get any salvage parts, never mind new or old models, none.

Back in 70's shopping for used car parts at salvage yard could be economical, useful & FUN all the same time!

I sure hope you not referring to Fury Road......what a total waste of time.....glad I did  not pay to see this...totally not worth it...rather have my teeth drilled....changed channels...anything on Hallmark would be better than this slug of a film......of course, this is my own personal critique...other have the right to be wrong....lol  really, I could not find anything good to say about the movie except I was not forced to watch it.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 1:44 PM, Uncle-Pekka said:

Sigh... I so wish we'd still have salvage yards like that here as well...

In the 60's & 70's when I was kid they were around.

Been almost 40 years when they started to clean up & close them up. Boy that process was fast.

Today I don't know any to get any salvage parts, never mind new or old models, none.

Back in 70's shopping for used car parts at salvage yard could be economical, useful & FUN all the same time!

I took my son often to many junkyards off the beaten path when he was growing up.  He told me recently that was the coolest thing he remembers as a kid and was so fortunate to have been able to see all the old stuff.  He's a gearhead now himself, loves vintage autos and is a pretty darn good mechanic.  Which is unusual for this generation.  We had fun, it was always like a treasure hunt.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes.....most all small salvage  yards are gone in my area.  It's good they were still here in the mid 70s as I had to find all the

exterior stainless and chrome trim for my car.....it had been removed before I found it in a salvage place.  I was also able back then  to buy spares of many small items for the Plymouth which I have used over the years since 1973 when I got the car.  Many items are still available on eBay but the price is much higher now.  If I find something needed currently,  I just have to pay the price and go on.