34 Plymouth round gas tank

Rob

I am at the point of putting my gas tank and tale pipes on my 34 coupe and I can’t remember how the gas tank straps go on. I lost all my photos of my disassembly. This car is stock. Any one out there that mite have a few photos ? I have new stock straps for the 34.

If it is like my '33, the two straps have a fold over with the short end of the fold over against the tank. The folded over part of the straps go through some slots at the back of the frame cross member. To the front of the tank there are to round holes on the frame cross member, the threaded part of the straps go through that and a nut on the end holds them in place. There is supposed to be some canvas between the straps and the tank. I would guess maybe some canvas above the tank too where it is pressed into the frame cross member but if there was it was long gone from my car.

Sorry, I don't see photos in my album that clearly show this.