Can we get a good Windshield Gasket?

NiftyFifty

Well after my Roberts windshield weatherstrip failed after 8 years, actually before that, but I kept repairing to the point where the glass shop said this week it was no go, I ordered one from Andy B and it’s not anything close to what the truck is supposed to have.

Rather then a true molded rubber gasket, they send you a long straight strip, and then a hacked off centre piece that resembles nothing of the original and has no holes for the centre bar, too thick opening for the glass, and is honestly just a leak waiting to happen.  The glass shop was not impressed when I dropped this off and actually plan to cut the centre from my old one out and seal it in rather then fight with what I received.

So all this said, for future reference is there one we can all agree upon that is the best option for the 48-53 windshield?  I looked at Steele Rubber, but I heard they were very stiff and didn’t cover the pinch  weld that well either, but now I’m thinking the extra cost may have been worth it.  Definitely not happy that what I got is nowhere close to original, but I’m pretty much stuck seeing as the truck was stuck in the glass shop without a new seal, and being in Canada shipping back something across the line is usually worth more then the purchase price.

Anyone else have a better proven option for my next go round?  No way can this be saved now if I need another glass repair.

Mine seperated at the centre bar in 3 spots, just perfectly straight tears, like something in the manufacturing process.  It never did seal until I used a full tube of special windshield  silicone, but that's pretty common in a lot of the old trucks, regardless of make.  Only thing I hope I get from the one I got this week is it covers the pinch welds better, I think that's also a reason the old one leaked a bit.