What's wrong with this picture......

Plymouthy Adams

lol no...it is just sitting behind it for effect.....cannot set the glass due to first set of division glass seals were totally wrong and I do not wish to handle the entire frame when installing...........you did good pointing that out however...….but not what is not what I am referring to in what's wrong...another clue is between the lines here....

W/o looking at mine, I thought that the chrome dress molding was centered below the window, but I doubt if that is it. (Maybe mine is different, as I have a 4 door.)  I also noticed that the glass is tinted, and I don't know how much tinting is allowed (by law) on the front glass.  Got me!

Edited by Eneto-55
added comment

57 minutes ago, Eneto-55 said:

W/o looking at mine, I thought that the chrome dress molding was centered below the window, but I doubt if that is it. (Maybe mine is different, as I have a 4 door.)  I also noticed that the glass is tinted, and I don't know how much tinting is allowed (by law) on the front glass.  Got me!

well...per the glass shop in Lawrenceville Ga...they sell lots of this tint and is legal....one of my first concerns...it is tempered glass also.......its darker looking because the backside is blocked....the trim is centered to the garnish which defines center of the door...as you state, the 4 door  is shorter garnish so could be it appears centered to the glass...like you, I would have to go look at my 4 door...

The vent window is All on the inside, how does it open plus no vent lock??

DJ

the vent window is properly positioned and works well, look close at the bottom and see the dividing line of the seal..aft outside, the forward is on the other side of the vent frame.....the mechanical stop is properly located on the square shaft....you are correct, the locking lever is still off of the vent mechanism a I am going to try to turn down some release buttons on the lathe then assemble them as affixing them to the vent is a simple pin press........at least my small machine shop has AC....still hot and nasty in the southern regions

3 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

well...per the glass shop in Lawrenceville Ga...they sell lots of this tint and is legal....one of my first concerns...it is tempered glass also.......its darker looking because the backside is blocked....the trim is centered to the garnish which defines center of the door...as you state, the 4 door  is shorter garnish so could be it appears centered to the glass...like you, I would have to go look at my 4 door...

No, you are correct.  It is centered on the garnish molding, not centered in relation to the window glass.

• Thanks 1

On 9/20/2018 at 9:59 AM, Plymouthy Adams said:

Beside finger smudges ……………?????????????

What is wrong with this picture. It is pretty hard to sit on the couch and watch TV with that dang winder parked there. You just missed watching your favorite Boyd Coddington show.

timadams22.jpg