Pilot-House Trucks are Rare? Maybe not.....

48Dodger

Rare vs. "Not popular enough"  might be more the issue here.  I came across this video about ugly "at the time" vehicles and how they might be reconsidered today as "cool".

Vehicles that maybe were before their time. I remember wanting a Dodge Rampage in High School......lol.

48D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCSE2nb4vJ0

What's your top 5 oddball vehicles?

Mine are: 5. Edsel    4. Delorean    3. Pinto   2. Daimler smart car   1.  Messerschmitt KR200  

Edsel: Love the toilet-seat grille

Delorean: the Back to the future car gets a pass over the basic design.

Pinto: Almost killed me on the 680 Freeway in San Jose, Ca. 1978

Daimler smart car:  crazy under foot rodents of the highway...lol

Messerschmitt KR200:  its amazing how airplane guys translate their efforts into automobiles

Remember, these aren't vehicles I don't like....just think are a bit odd.

48D

• Like 1

Yeah...the little underfoot highway rodents, I like that....

my ADO15's are about as small as I want to get.....but they are actually huge inside to the point of disbelief.  Hydrolastic  suspension gives it a ride better than any Cadillac I have ever ridden in...TRY IT, YOU'LL LIKE IT...!!

• Like 1

ODDBALLS

1.  Tucker Torpedo...helicopter engine, in the trunk??

2.  AMC Pacer...funny looking, but great visibility...and that oversized passenger door!

3.  Yugo...JESUS H CHRIST

4.  BMW Isetta...three-wheeled and the windshield and instrument panel + steering wheel swing open as part of the front door...YIKES

5.  Any Corvette with the parking brake in the door sill... it's like GM was saying, "you can be safe, but you're gonna pay for it" [cue Dr. Evil laugh]

• Haha 3