Body mounts

philjafo

This is what I needed for my Suburban. You will possibly need fewer. Purchased from Andy Bernbaum. I believe they were 9.00 a pair, no hardware. 9 X 10 = $90.00, I thought that was reasonable because there are 20 pieces.

IMG_4893.JPG

Edited by pflaming

6 hours ago, sser2 said:

... between unreasonably expensive and outrageously expensive.

as with most of this stuff...turn over in the old Mopar world seems to be slow....low production runs on stuff that is made special as numbers kept to a minimum and keeps the cost high and availability often questionable.   Price of playing the game...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, sser2 said:

... between unreasonably expensive and outrageously expensive.

Ahhhh,with that attitude,you will go a long ways with your old car obsession!

I usually just lie to myself about costs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, casper50 said:

This rubber was $218 for my 47 Dodge coupe.  I made the metal supports out of washers and tube.

post-6321-0-89699600-1460911542.jpg

post-6321-0-07508700-1460911668.jpg

Nice work.

2 hours ago, sser2 said:

Rubber parts can be easily made too out of sheet rubber and rubber tubing. Doesn't have to be exact replica, it is just rubber cushion.

I was wondering about this myself - if cutting, sanding, or grinding a piece of rubber down to size makes it more likely to degrade later, like as if there is some sort of protective coat on formed rubber parts.

I wire-wheeled my body mounts when I put the body back on the frame (over 35 years ago), then the car sat (inside) until now.  Those rubber parts have cracked, squashed out, and almost like oozed.  But the new (then) master cylinder boot is totally rotted.  It was a part of a new rebuild kit I got back in 1980 or 81.  Some other rubber parts are fine.  Like I had put used rubber brake caps over the ends of the clutch linkage equalizer tube, to keep the grease in, and the dirt out, and those are still soft.

At $90 a set of 10, why waste your time making something untested. These connect the body to the frame, they keep it stable through curves and swerves and balanced in a HARD stop. It's not a good place to skimp in my opinion. JMHO 

1 hour ago, pflaming said:

At $90 a set of 10, why waste your time making something untested. These connect the body to the frame, they keep it stable through curves and swerves and balanced in a HARD stop. It's not a good place to skimp in my opinion. JMHO 

Paul,  

If you are responding to my questions, I got off topic there.  I meant in a general sense, regarding rubber parts that are not currently available.

• Like 1