front inner fenders

Alan E

Black on both sides. Fender braces are black as well. For a 1950 B2B anyway. I watched a movie on the forum of them painting these parts, definitely black. Could have been because it was a black and white movie. In all seriousness, sand through the paint layers and see what happens. Last color is may be primer but original paint was the semi-gloss black without a primer.  Most manufacturers painted these parts the same color inside and out, not different colors for each side. If you want more visibility, use your exterior color inside and out. A lighter color will defiantly be a help when working under the hood.

Edited by johnsartain

these lighting units were sealed nicely from the factory...but as we know things decay and over time get rewired for either repair or refurb....good grommets inserted here and when harness is lashed where you want it..just seal the wires to the grommets with a RTV.....the fitting of plastic inner fenders would require a means to secure these and that would require other holes in the inner fender and some brackets on the forward fender lip...again, weld would be clean but needs to done before any paint work.   I seal the grommets and I line to undercoat the inner fenders also...

I have undercoated my inner fenders as well.  It was just a thought.  (I had a 62 Chrysler, and while the headlight bucket was well sealed, and I don't think it ever rusted through, it caught a lot of mud & ice, etc on top of the headlight bucket.)  I'm not building a 'trailer queen', and lots of roads around here are dirt, and the summers short.  I can't say I won't ever use this car on snow. 

I'm looking for the right size grommets to be able to seal a rubber hose inside it, and run the wires inside that, much like the originals.  Then I'll use rubber tape to also seal the end where the wires come out. (Not 'electrical tape'.)

I found a wide variety of gromments a my local True Value store and also bought a assortment pack on one trip to my Napa store.

both had what I wanted.

DJ

Edited by DJ194950
spelling as usual!
  • Like 1