Help with ID of Motor and Trans 37 Plymouth

cturboaddict

I pulled this from my 37 Plymouth, and was wondering if anyone could help identify it's year/size/details. Thanks
Motor Serial

Motor Date

Old Motor

Trans ID

Edited by cturboaddict
Uploading of Photos

The engine is a 51 or 52 and likely carries engineering code P23 at the  front corner above the generator.  The trans and bell housing are typical 1937 units.

The intake and   exhaust appear to be from 1951.

there isa a serial number on a flat boss on the side of the motor near the generator. This will have been stamped with letters and numbers  There will be a suffix then numbers. so on my 1939 desoto the number starts with S6  which is the model for my 39 Desoto. So that ells me this morotor was built for my 39 Desoto and then there are the appropriate serial number.

So look at the boss and then record the number and suffix and this will tell you if the correct engine for your car. The letters might start with a P3 or P4

rich hartung

desoto1939@aol.com

2 hours ago, desoto1939 said:

there isa a serial number on a flat boss on the side of the motor near the generator. This will have been stamped with letters and numbers  There will be a suffix then numbers. so on my 1939 desoto the number starts with S6  which is the model for my 39 Desoto. So that ells me this morotor was built for my 39 Desoto and then there are the appropriate serial number.

So look at the boss and then record the number and suffix and this will tell you if the correct engine for your car. The letters might start with a P3 or P4

rich hartung

desoto1939@aol.com

It looks to me as

T306*4695*

The * are actually star stamps.