Who knows where these brackets go ? someone knows...

thrashfit

many thanks for all your help in getting this truck back together.  Does anyone know where these two  " Z " brackets go and also the panel next to them. Most parts are slowly getting onto the truck as I bought it in pieces. Thanks again for your help. Dave....................this is for my 1954 C-1-B6 Job rated truck   1/2 ton  116" 

507.jpg

Those Z shaped pieces may be part of a bumper mount.  The other pieces may be part of a fender support system coming off the radiator support but that's just a guess on my part.  The B series uses a different style support.  Those may be the C series style.

Thanks Dave72dt, I have tried to get a exploded plan of the truck parts but unable to find one. My only way is to keep asking questions on this forum, very helpful and informative . I will try the bumper support position , unfortunately I only have the front bumper. I was going to make a rear bumper of my own design. Thanks again, Dave, Norwich, England

Aaah. A definitive answer for the Z brackets.  Odd though, that a riveted bracket would have been removed unless of course, all the other riveted brackets were also removed.  Maybe a flat bed was is the plans at one time.

Thanks lads, As far as I know all the parts that were bolted on were taken off, the rivited bits as far as I can make out are still on the chassis.......I maybe proven wrong.  Have you any idea on the other parts in the top picture ??? Cheers. 

• 7 months later...