disc brake conversion flex hose placement

Dennis Detweiler

Finished installing a scarebird disc brake conversion on my 39 Plymouth. I ran the flex hoses between the shocks and the steering knuckle support. Using the optional 2 inches longer 17inch hoses. The 15 inch ones were stretched too much on the outward turn. The hoses want to rub against the sway bar on an inward turn. Also, when turning, the hose rubs along the shock. Is this all normal? Do I need to add a spring(s) or brackets somewhere along the hose to keep it away from the suspension?

My brake line bracket connection at the frame is right behind the bumper bracket. The hose goes backwards from there to the calipers ( a little more distance). Mine looks like the original stock position for the brake line. I see no other brake line bracket mounting holes to show that it has been repositioned. However, I like the position of your bracket as being closer to the spindle and less movement of the hose when turning.  I could probably move mine, which would require cutting and re-flaring. Is your hose positioned between the shock and vertical steering knuckle arm?  The rotor is hiding it in both photos.

Looks like whiskey for brake fluid? :)