Craigslisters

Plymouthy Adams

On 9/19/2018 at 1:56 PM, Flatie46 said:

Ed those look really high quality, are they Snap on brand?

Yes they are. I would guess they are just rebranded by snap on though. 

Thinking back to the original point of the thread, that CL advertisers don't take down the ad once its sold, I've experienced that so many times that I've practically given up on CL. For me, eBay has worked better... there just seems to be a more serious seller there, and more "responsible" in how they describe the product, and it taking down the ad once sold. ?

On 9/19/2018 at 2:44 PM, Plymouthy Adams said:

I  have also been successful on Craigslist, it is not the price..it is not so much the merchandise...It is getting them to RESPOND that was the purpose of my thread...followed by the fact that majority of them will sell the item, never remove the ad.....it is these that I believe giving the listers the overall bad rating....I get the impression they out spending their money and have no regard to take the ad down or ever check their notifications.  

Sometimes they don’t respond because they included the wrong contact information in the listing. A while back I bought an engine on CL for my Jeep. The listing had a phone number that went directly to voicemail - after I left a half dozen messages, I finally got a call back from a lady who was upset that people kept calling her - turns out the guy transposed a couple of numbers. Hell bent on getting that engine, I took his pictures and verbiage and posted as “wanted”. I got a call from the guy, rather indignant that I “stole” his pictures. After I explained, he admitted that he was surprised that he hadn’t gotten any replies to his ad. He gave me a good deal on the engine...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2