Wanted Ad here at this site

classiccarjack

Hello all, 

Do members have to "pay" for a want add now?  Then pay again every 30 days?  Am I reading this correctly?

I have never had any luck selling one thing here in the past, when it was free to list a part.   I am wondering if it is worth the $5.00 to ask for something to finish my project....  

Yep, that is correct. Why your ask? Because a portion of the community wouldn't follow a few simple rules about keeping their ads text only and in my grumpy oldness I have grown tired of being bitched at why other people don't keep their ads current.

This way, if you really want sell/need something you will buy an ad. And the small amount of $$$ generated helps pay the ISP and software bills.  The fee is pretty trivial.    

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Yeah, I just realized this too. I thought I'd see if anybody could give me advice on the driver's side rear shock mount stud and holding plate, but figured it would just get ignored. Back to Facebook for this one, though not as smart as this group, right?

https://www.facebook.com/flashbuddy

20180906_172858-1008x756.jpg

as many of the a/b-body later years also used 3 inch tubes...this basic design continued forward and are very easy to locate......when was the last time you looked under a possible donor car at a wrecking yard......later FMJ cars used rear iso block mounts and while similar in shock mount and tube..the spring register holes are quite large

Thanks Plymouthy, that pic is from the local wrecking yard. I got the inner nut off and thought the stud would tap out. Didn't happen and I don't want to break something trying to make it happen. I was going to take mine off the truck and pound on it since it is already broken :)

The wrecking yard part is pretty pitted where the shock would mount. Are you saying I should be able to pound that out of the bracket and find a replacement at Napa or somewhere else?

we ran into this on this forum once before on removing the stud...seems with time and press fit on assembly, they truly do not like to budge.....I cannot recall the fix but was thinking the very application of heat to the plate would expand the metal a bit and allow a slam hammer technique to be applied....so not to bulge the threaded portion...put the nut back on and run to flush....pressing is preferred over the use of the slam hammer 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Speedway-Motors-Steel-Shock-Mount-Stud-1-2-Stud-5-8-Shank-w-Washers/261871784113?hash=item3cf8c650b1:g:~zoAAOSwf15aYOrH:sc:USPSPriority!31025!US!-1

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

Replace with something like this or other choices from Speedway Motors ??

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speedway-Universal-Tube-Shock-Mount-Stud-Bolt,5485.html

DJ

Well hell, I guess I am Very slow on the Com-Puter!!  ??

DJ

LOL - Yes, I am drooling over the ones posted above.

If anybody is interested, here is a coupon code to save $10.00 at Speedway:

VHJ9-K44R 

I had to give away my phone number and email to get that, and I still couldn't use it!

Speedway Order.jpg

Edited by FlashBuddy